Arctic expeditions: Adventure tours in Russia
Some photos are by: A. Tulupov and A. Ermachkov
Expeditions above the Artcic circle became more and more popular with time. But what is the purposes of the people? Who knows! Someone finds a place for inspiration, someones goes there to explore tundra wildernesses, someone travels into the wild to test himself under the harsh conditions, someone wants to observe unspoiled nature and arctic wildlife to fight against the human impact. The only thing that you will certainly get is unforgettable experience and memories obtained in the planet's most inspiring place.
Arctic always attracted different people, explorers and adventurers... A lot of them gave their lives traveling to the north pole by boundless open spaces of Arctic. You probably read a lot about it - children still get inspiration from Jack London's stories and novels. Fortunately, it's much easier to travel Arctic now; however, it remains a real adventure. Russia has the largest areas of arctic tundra. Pemafrost still covers more than 60% of the Russian territory! The most easily accessed part of Russian arctic lies only 2000 km from the Moscow by car which gives you a good opportunity to cross arctic circle and visit tundra wilderness without traveling far north to Siberia (which is rarely possible).
Expeditions are what we really like. They are extremely difficult to organize but they bring you an unforgettable experience. Just imagine - three weeks in the northern part of Russia driving military UAZ van, living in tents, observing arctic nature and traces of WWII heavy fightings, passing military polygon just before target practice and finally running into fishing boat which was recently washed up on the shore. This is a short description of Rybachy Peninsula summer expedition 2017...
What do you need to join us?
- You should be real adventurer, it's NOT all-inclusive package, it's the expedition!
- You should to be ready to NOT so good living conditions - it can be raining, we can visit dirty and scary caves or fight of the mosquitoes.
- You should be optimistic, it's better for team spirit and your final impressions
Four reasons to join us
- We have cheapest prices for arctic adventure tours
- We have huge experience in traveling remote parts of Russia
- We understand European mentality really well :)
- We will drive authentic UAZ-452 military track